Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The good 'ole days ...

... well, to our generation the days back in the 1950s may not have been so great.  Try living without Facebook, computers, cell phones, the microwave, dishwashers, and cable TV.  These are a few of the things that we take for granted.  But in 1959, to Mammaw and your aunts and uncles those days were great.


A few weeks ago I posted this photo of Mammaw with her grown children on my blog, Blogging through History.  I asked if anyone could name the people in the photo.  A few of you did, but not too many that I am aware of.  So, the names of the Staubs in the photo are:  (back row left to right)  Marguerite Stuller, Ethel Felix, Ann Klunk, Lillian Stuller, Clyde, Raymond, and Earl; (front row left to right) Mary Keefer, Joan Riser, John, and Carroll.  How well did you do?

Doing genealogy research has grown to be quite a habit.  Everyday I learn something new.  One thing that I did learn, and probably has not changed much from the 1950s, is that Mammaw's family would gather on Sundays for a picnic and a pickup baseball game, girls vs. boys.  The first Sunday in July was their annual family reunion, and the uncles would play a 'World Series' baseball game.  These Sundays were spent in Aunt Ethel's orchard in Mount Misery.

My research continues on the Adam Staub, who immigrated from Germany, and of his ancestors. As soon as I have this data in my computer, I will post a PDF of the family tree for you to view.  Would you believe that there are over 14,000 people in this database, and I haven't researched the Grofts, Smiths, or my family in depth yet. 

Share this blog with others in the family.  In a few days you may see changes to the Family Legacies link on my Facebook wall.  All of this is being done with the hope of finding your global ancestors who have roots to Ludwig Staab, Frederick Krafft, and Charles Smith.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: